Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rest Day Part 2

Second, some of you may be wondering why I've been shoving all this CrossFit stuff in your face. Let me clear a few things up... We will be doing these type of workouts when you get back to Trinity and there will be 100% participation. Nobody will be doing their own shit this year. I know some guys think they know a lot when it comes to training, (some of you actually do know quite a bit) you aren't on my level when it comes to this stuff. I don't mean to come off sounding like a cocky bastard on this, but this is what I do now. I read, watch, and listen to material everyday to continue building my knowledge base to help you guys train better.

As you guys know, I worked my ass off while I played at Trinity. I didn't have a clue when it came training efficiency, I just busted my ass every day from the moment I stepped on to campus. I wouldn't ever change anything that I did because things worked out for me in the end, but I could only imagine the athlete I could have been had I had the opportunity to using the methods I am sharing with you guys.

The workouts we have and will be doing promotes power, strength, speed, endurance, athleticism, and most importantly...MENTAL TOUGHNESS. Baseball is all about being able to grind through repetition after repetition and being as precise as you can with every swing you take, every ground ball, every fly ball, every single thing you do in practice and in games requires a level of focus and conviction. That is why the game is so tough mentally. I was pretty good at this part of the game, not perfect by any means, but I know that I could bring a level of focus to the field day in day out. Was it easy for me? Hell no, this game beats you up every day you step on the field, if you don't believe that you're not going about things the right way.

For those of you who have been doing my workouts, I'm sure you can attest to the fact that they require the same kind of mental toughness and grind that the game does. The butterflies you get in your stomach before starting a workout are similar to the ones you get before a big game. Granted, they are very different reasons why you get this feeling, but in both cases you are preparing yourself to perform and that is why these workouts are so great. The grind of getting through every repetition of a workout coupled with the efficiency and form required for each repetition are definitely related to the work you do on the field.

You have about a month left of summer, get after it

1 comments:

chris said...

It is getting really old just seeing the same 4 guys post on here and i work out with 2 of them everyday. oh, and i count as 1. get after it

Post a Comment