Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Rest Day

Apparently somebody came into the weight room yesterday and erased our board... This pisses me off. If anybody knows who it was let me know and let me handle the situation. If it ever happens while you are in the weight room, confront the person, maybe ask them what the hell they are doing, but don't start any shit over it.

I walked by the weight room a few times while people were doing the partner DB workout a couple days ago... you guys still don't seem to understand the importance of form in these workouts. All I can really do is continue to try and pound the message into your heads. I understand the competitive atmosphere in there which I love, but range of motion and quality of movement CAN NOT be overlooked in these workouts. Go back and look at the videos that I posted and ask yourself if you got as deep as I do on the thrusters... AND BE YOUR OWN CRITIC. Don't be afraid to call yourself out on something like this. Realize the need to strive for perfection in every movement you do and recognize when you half ass something. The sense of accomplishment is much greater when you make the top 10 on a certain day where you know every one of your reps was legit. It's a fucking joke otherwise.

Sometime this week we will be doing some more testing... max squat and deadlift. I'll keep you updated on what day we'll be doing this, plan on the middle of the week.

Article

0 comments:

Post a Comment