Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wed. 9/2

I think we can do a better job cleaning up the weight room. I know you guys are toast after you finish your workout, but be sure we are cleaning up after ourselves. Don't make me keep reminding you guys of this...

Another good day from what I saw. Guys competing their balls off, good to see. Just like yesterday tho, I did see a lot of form issues that need to be cleaned up. I know when you are in the middle of a workout you just want to get through the reps as fast as possible, but really focus on range of motion. Almost every person I watched today can get lower (and higher) in their air squats.

Grind through today and earn your day off Thursday. Finally, I will be moving the testing...most likely to Monday evening because I will be out of town this weekend and will be leaving Friday. I'll keep you updated.

Warmup
Movement prep
3 x 8 Overhead Squat w/45 lb. bar

Strength
3 x 5 Deadlift
- Focus on form
- Work up to a 5 rep max weight you are comfortable with
- Must guide bar down to floor, no dropping from the top of the deadlift mid-set

MetCon
21-15-9
KB/DB Swings (35-40 lbs)
- Knee raises are an option if you are unable to perform knees to elbows
- Be sure and put an asterisk next to your time on the board if you don't complete the workout as prescribed (doing all knees to elbows)

Article

If you have any comments or questions about the workouts/articles, feel free to post. Have fun with this site. I made this for you guys, not for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment