Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday 9/24 - Rest Day

Day off... I'm going to leave the deadlift/squat numbers up for the pitchers who didn't get a chance to do their maxes yesterday.

Lately I've seen a lot of lifting without your assigned partners. For the most part, guys have been letting me know that this will be the case on a particular day which I appreciate, but the rate at which this is occurring is unacceptable. I see it as a lack of effort as partners to find a time that works for the both of you. Sure, there are going to be scheduling conflicts, but I'd be willing to bet that there is a 30-45 minute window every day that you guys could meet up in the weight room. Call me crazy...

Let's get this situation cleaned up. We assigned partners for a reason, it wasn't just a random selection. Dave took time to decide which pitchers should work together and I took the time to organize the position players in a way I thought would benefit every player. I understand there will be occasions where you guys simply can't lift together on a certain day, but this should happen no more than once every couple weeks. Ask yourselves if you're really trying to meet in the middle with your partner on the days you haven't lifted together... I'm willing to bet I know the answer.

Position guys... during the fall season, we're going to be cutting down on lifting days per week. We will lift 4 days a week starting next week. We will have one day during the week that is completely off. It's looking like we'll be practicing Friday-Monday. It's not set in stone yet, but here's a question for you guys: Would you rather have Tuesday off (chance to recover after practice and lifts) or Thursday off (chance to enter the practice week fresh)? I want you guys to post your answer to the comments and it will be a majority vote for which day we get off.

We're also going to be integrating more sprint/explosive/rotational power movements as we move through the fall, just a heads up.

Have a good day off fellas, I'll be posting an article here in a bit so stay tuned.

12 comments:

Adrian Peterson said...

Tuesdays off...
- JP

Kevin Clements said...

thursday

Anonymous said...

no trabajo en las jueves por favor mija

Tim said...

Tuesday

clendenning said...

tuesday

Samuel L. Jackson said...

We NEED to not WORKOUT on TUESDAY

Anonymous said...

Thursday. Dom

Anonymous said...

Thursday off. Jon

Anonymous said...

Also my lifting partner is Calbick and he has been on the pitchers workout days so Ive been lifting with him on those days and then with Franke and paillet on the days we cant meet. Is that alright to keep doing?

chris said...

tuesday

Anonymous said...

thursday- np

Anonymous said...

Thursday -Keiser

Post a Comment